Junior Finance Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Junior Finance Manager here after ‘JFM’, will report to the Southeast Asia CFO and will serve as a true business partner to the APAC Finance team.
The JFM will be responsible for assessing financial results, delivering timely and accurate financial reporting, and assisting with cash management functions.
Importantly, the JFM will support with an analytical mindset.
The JFM is responsible for supporting risk quantification initiatives and provide routine reports on such findings.
The JFM will demonstrate a collaborative team approach and consistently provide responsive communication to business leaderships covering not only in SEA but the whole of APAC Region for the finance function.
Under the Leadership of the Southeast Asia CFO, as the Jr. Finance Manager, you are expected to:
· Co-Own the Income Statement and Balance Sheet for Singapore, Taiwan, Philippines, (SEA)
· Support the preparation of budgets, financial forecasting, and financial modelling.
· Collaborate to support APAC FP&A, Controllers and Tax teams with analysis, and articulate variance to forecasts and budgets (which includes preparation and/or monitoring of various templates, schedules, and reports generated via Fluence IT and ERP systems and/or other financial reporting systems).
· Support financial audits and provide analysis & reconciliations with recommendations to close findings, monitoring the timely implementation of corrective actions.
· Conduct regular reviews of balance sheet accounts and discuss with SEA CFO, issues, concerns and financial-related risks defining actions to resolve them.
· Provide FP&A support for SEA and the APAC Finance Team.
· Support global & regional metrics initiatives on analysing services provided by AP & T&E functions.
· Support SOX & compliance requirements as needed.
· Support tax filing activities for SEA (which may include manual preparation of tax returns).
· Perform other support and reporting activities as may be required by the Southeast Asia CFO and the APAC Finance Team from time to time.
What will you bring to the company?
· More than 5 years of broad financial leadership, with an accounting degree and preferred to have MNC/corporate finance experience.
· Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
· Broad financial experience including but not limited to accountancy, regulatory reporting, and FP&A.
· Ability to interact across all levels of stakeholders of different cultures.
· Have ability to accept and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
· Be a supportive contributor to progressive thinking and growth.
· Experience within or exposure to clean energy is desirable.
· Demonstrate accountabilities are aligned with drivers and desired outcomes of the business.
· Strong business partner with analytical data
· Demonstrates outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
· High energy, proactive individual
· Demonstrates pride in delivering excellent results.
· Possesses an intellectual curiosity and a “hunger for knowledge.”
· More than 4 years working experience on ERP systems (e.g. NetSuite, SAP, Oracle, and similar systems)
· Must have strong Microsoft tools skills and advance knowledge on Excel (e.g. formulas/functions, pivot’s, macro's v-lookups), PowerPoint, MS Word advance features, & Adobe sign.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.