Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position will be within Fluence’s software engineering team working on the Nispera Asset Performance Management (APM) platform. You will focus on developing functionalities for reporting on the performance of wind, solar power plants and batteries. You will interface with product and software engineering teams to build advanced analytics and reporting capabilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop metrics and KPIs for solar, wind and battery asset performance, leveraging Nispera’s algorithms
- Incorporate these metrics into reports sent to the customer that characterize performance and isolate components of performance shortfalls, if any
- Automate periodic generation of these reports with great attention to detail
- Generate alerts for prediction or early detection of faults using Machine Learning and other anomaly detection techniques
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify shortcomings in reports and work on feature enhancements that will result in reduction of losses and downtime from assets
- Work on forecasting models using Machine Learning algorithms that predict expected asset performance given exogenous variables
- Configure and onboard assets in Nispera APM platform
- Develop insightful vizualizations that provide customers with easy to digest summaries of performance of their assets
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Data Science and Analytics, Statistics, Financial Mathematics, and Computer Science, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering).
- 4+ years of energy industry experience with a focus on both time-series analysis, and analytics. Familiarity with machine learning models and techniques is preferred
- 5+ years experience using Python in a production setting. Experience using the analytic/scientific stack (pandas, numpy, scipy, visualization libraries such as matplotlib, plot.ly, etc.) preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively within cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate interactions with team members, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen interest in renewable energy
- Exposure or understanding of agile/lean development environments, with the ability to contribute to key initiatives.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.