Billing Analyst, Supply Chain and Manufacturing
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Billing Analyst will work within Fluence’s Global Production Organization (“GPO”). The GPO is responsible for the procurement, manufacture, and sale of products to its related party customers. This position is a broad-based “Order to Cash” role that will be part of the GPOs Supply Chain and Manufacturing Accounting team and perform the following:
· Responsible for Costing Reviews of Products the GPO sells to its internal customers to ensure accurate Intercompany pricing on Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
· Partner with GPO operations team members to ensure receipt of goods are complete and timely to aid in performing fulfillment transactions.
· Issue worldwide intercompany invoices for products sold to our internal customers. Invoicing will be done in multiple currencies.
· Assist with determining ad hoc or true-up invoice billings for misc. charges that need to be passed onto the GPOs internal customers.
· Prepare month end close journal entries related to Revenue Markups, Shipping and Overhead burdens and others as needed.
· Prepare Monthly Gross Margin Reconciliations for the GPO.
· Support and/or prepare as needed account reconciliations for traditional Order to Cash such as Intercompany AR.
· Support the GPO FP&A teams with reconciling project-based billings to project-based cost budgets or what is referred to as “expected costs at completion” (“EAC”).
· Assist corporate team in cash application by invoice and project.
· Assist with accounts receivable analysis and reporting as needed.
This role reports to the Senior Accounting Manager, Supply Chain and Production.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Minimum 5 years of billing and accounts receivable experience. Background in industrial manufacturing for projects businesses and/or construction industry is preferred. Energy or energy storage business knowledge is an advantage.
- Experience working with publicly traded companies is required.
- Capability to manage worldwide invoicing, operating in a high growth environment.
- Experience in cultivating dependent relationships outside of finance in order to ensure timely completion of month over month activities.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- NetSuite experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or equivalent training.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.