Battery Test Engineer, Cell
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Long Beach, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 2, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
In this role you will be responsible for testing lithium-ion battery cell, encompassing hands-on cell and coordination of testing with outside labs. You will be a member of a team focused on the design, development, and validation of battery systems ensuring that it meets product requirements.
What does a Battery Test Engineer, Cell do at Fluence?
- Creation of the cell test and validation plans and procedures.
- Execution and operation of battery cycling equipment.
- Support product execution with development and validation testing.
- Management and coordination of testing with outside labs
- Creation of standard report templates for review with engineering and product teams
- Work with project management to track and maintain schedule.
- Develop a deep understanding of the electrical, mechanical, and structural aspects of the Battery Energy Storage System (BESS)
- Execute product specific test plans and procedures based on design documentation, requirements specifications, quality and compliance standards.
- Travel as needed up to 25%
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- B.S. in Engineering
- 2+ years in the development and testing of Li-Ion cells and/or high-voltage battery systems.
- Experience with battery cycling equipment. (Arbin, Bitrode, NHR, Digitron, etc)
- Experience with automated online report creation.
- Experience with instrumentation and data logging.
- Strong technical communication skills.
- Proven self-starter willing to take the initiative.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.