Project Procurement Specialist EMEA (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Project Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day procurement activities including but not limited to vendor sourcing, RFI/RFQ preparation and issuance, bid evaluation and negotiation in a team, contract negotiation and finalization. The Project Procurement Specialist will work in a team with Sales Deal Teams and Project Team Members from different countries and report to Project Procuremen tLead.
• Project Procurement activities in large-scale and construction projects in project teams.
• Sourcingplans development together with the team per project.
• Prepare and issue RFIs RFQs.
• Read, interpret and implement established contracts per project
• Analyze and compare quotes (from prices, T&Cs, lead time, list of exclusions, etc perspective).
• Registration and evaluation of suppliers.
• Evaluate and negotiate in a team and recommends to Evaluation Committee/Evaluation Team awards of the scope, that meets specifications, T&Cs, quality, budget, and schedule.
• Daily contact with Order Entry Colleagues, inform and provide all necessary information, documents for ordering process.
• Maintain and upload procurement files
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain and/or Procurement or a related field as well Engineering.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in procurement and contract negotiation in Electrical and Civil installation and in HV and MV equipment for substations and 3+ years of experience in project management in the same or similar industry.
• Familiar with business law and procurement practices in the UK and the European Union
• Preferably at least 5 years work experience with contract management with UK/EU companies
• Understanding of practices of project management for Installation projects.
• Experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals/quotes, negotiating terms, and drafting contracts.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability working in a matrixed and global organization.
• Ability to organize, manage processes, set deadlines, and follow up to ensure schedules are met.
• Ability to act as a liaison between various teams and divisions in the company.
• Strong Project Team player with demonstrated experience in working effectively within their own organization and cross-functionally.
• Ability to work independently.
• Problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills.
• Ability to process information and manage multiple conflicting priorities to drive to successful outcome
• Flexible and versatile to provide on demand support in quick reaction and immediate demand situations.
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills(Outlook, Word,Excel).
• Knowledge of ERP Netsuite will be an advantage.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.