GPO FP&A Lead
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Fluence Energy Global Production Operation (“GPO”) FP&A Manager is an important role in the success of the team. This role will partner with the Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Logistics and Procurement staff to provide project centric financial analysis (budget, forecast, and ad-hoc analysis) to influence decisions that enable GPO to efficiently plan and deliver results.
- Help prepare and track against the annual financial plan, as well as periodic financial forecasting activities for each as defined by the FP&A calendar.
- Report out to managers regarding where they are tracking against the plan & work with them to development of action plans to address variances from the plan.
- Understand and identify risks and potential problem areas and propose potential solutions and operational improvements to issues or problems.
- Provide cross-functional support and actively participate in specific business initiatives/projects to help ensure financial goals are met.
- Works with business partners to build financial models to support the decision-making process as vitally necessary.
- Provide month-end accounting and financial support as vital including forecast to actual analysis & reporting and develop schedules to help explain variances.
- Provide day-to-day financial support by providing approvals for personnel requisition requests and purchase requisitions and ensure they are supported by the budget.
- Apply strong excel skills to drive efficiencies, improve reporting and automate tasks applying sophisticated formulas and functions.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance, accounting, business administration or equivalent training.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience in financial analysis and demonstrated knowledge in complex financial modeling. Background in industrial manufacturing, energy or energy storage business knowledge is an advantage.
- Proven leadership and persuasive communication skills.
- You enjoy working in a high growth environment and evolving commercial business models.
- You contribute to building a sustainable business of global scale.
- Strong organizational and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and translate outcomes of financial models and data into insights to drive the business.
- Strong understanding of Finance/Accounting concepts and a general understanding of US GAAP accounting principles.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.