Technical Warranty Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Do others come to you for your subject matter expertise? Are you excited by the challenge of working in a start-up atmosphere with a purpose?
Fluence is seeking a warranty Manager to play a lead role for the Regional Warranty Program that spans from Project Delivery and Services departments. This role requires one to drive excellence with Product Suppliers and Project Contractors. Reporting directly to the VP Of Operations, you will manage the development and management of the Regional Warranty Program for Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) projects. Your primary focus will be ensuring technical and commercial compliance with project and product warranty requirements.
What does a Technical Warranty Manager do at Fluence?
- Own the development and Management of the Assurance Warranty & Extended Warranty Profit and Losses.
- Track and Extend Supplier Warranties in accordance with Customer Contract Assurance Warranty Terms.
- Manage extended warranties for Sub-Suppliers in accordance with Long Term Service Agreements.
- Responsible for overseeing all inbound customer warranty claims and prioritizing issues in collaboration with Operations team.
- Required to align with global and regional teams on process improvement and program reporting of KPIs.
- Develop and implement warranty reporting platforms in collaboration with the Operations Team, business intelligence developer.
- Work closely with the Regional Legal Team to conduct cost recovery efforts associated with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Travel to supplier meetings and support in negotiation processes.
- In collaboration with the Operations Team support in the management of validating all regional warranty claims.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelors or Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering and a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- 5 Years conducting root cause analysis for technical and commercial issues in collaboration with regional and global teams.
- 10 Years involved with developing, negotiating, and executing Project and Product Supply and Services Supply Agreements.
- 10 Years of working in large scale (100MWpeak +) renewable energy projects or related fields.
- Comprehensive Commercial Knowledge: strong ability to interpret legal agreements and establish a position on behalf of the regional organization.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Demonstrates ability to analyze complex situations, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions through collaboration with cross functional groups including commercial and technical teams.
- Communication and Collaboration: Effective communication skills with the ability to collaborate seamlessly with clients, product manufacturing, product engineering, and upper management teams.
- Technical Knowledge: Posses an ability to interpret project and product quality and engineering requirements.
- Manufacturing Awareness: Understanding of manufacturing processes and quality programs used throughout the production lifecycle.
- Agility and Multitasking: The ability to work seamlessly with cross-functional teams, handling multiple tasks concurrently and adapting to dynamic project requirements.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.