Quality Engineering Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Do others come to you for your subject matter expertise? Are you excited by the challenge of working in a start-up atmosphere with a purpose?
Fluence is seeking a Quality Engineering Manager to play a pivotal role in driving excellence and adherence to quality standards for the Americas Installation and Services Projects Teams. Reporting directly to the Quality Program Manager, you will lead the development of new solution implementation and creation robust quality management plans and procedures for Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) projects. Your primary focus will be on ensuring technical and commercial compliance with project requirements, industry standards, and regulatory guidelines.
What does a Quality Engineering Manager do at Fluence?
- Develop and implement comprehensive quality management plans and procedures tailored for BESS projects.
- Conduct routine quality audits at manufacturing facilities and project sites and lead mitigation efforts for all issues identified.
- Lead discussions with all project teams and establish key performance indicators (KPls) and metrics to measure and track quality performance across projects.
- Monitor and review project deliverables, documentation, and testing processes to ensure strict adherence to quality compliance standards.
- Conduct root cause analyses to identify the source of quality issues and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Develop and execute training program activities on behalf of the quality organization.
- Maintain up to date reporting for the quality program for the executive leadership team.
- Support in the advancement of the quality management platform and roll out to the regions.
- Lead quality update calls with the Project Teams to ensure all quality actions are completed.
- Serve as a technical approval board member for select technical management groups.
- Identify existing issues and develop robust mitigation plans, along with preventative measures for future deployments in collaboration with the regional and global organizations.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelor’s or master's degree or equivalent in engineering and a minimum of 5-10 years related experience.
- 5 Years conducting Root Cause Analysis in collaboration with manufacturing and product engineering teams.
- 5 Years Manufacturing quality process and issues resolution including but not limited to Factory Acceptance Testing and in Line factory inspections.
- 5-10 Years of working in large scale (100MWpeak +) renewable energy projects or related fields.
- Comprehensive Quality Engineering: A strong foundation in quality engineering processes, and engineering design plans demonstrating a commitment to excellence.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Demonstrates ability to analyze complex situations, identify root causes, and implement effective solutions through the collaboration with cross functional groups including commercial and technical teams
- Communication and Collaboration: Effective communication skills with the ability to collaborate seamlessly with clients, project, product manufacturing, product engineering, and upper management teams.
- Commercial Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of the quality and engineering requirements with an ability to both interpret and draft language for maintaining compliance in all aspects of project execution.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.