Senior Program Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence is searching a Program Manager for the technology team. The Program Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and overseeing a portfolio of IT projects to achieve specific business goals. This role will report to the IT PMO Director.
What does a Senior Program Manager do at Fluence?
- Strategic Planning: Develop and communicate the program's objectives and goals, aligning them with the organization's strategic vision.
- Project Oversight: Supervise a team of project managers and ensure that individual projects within the program are on track, within scope, and meet quality standards.
- Budget Management: Create and manage the program budget, tracking expenses and ensuring resources are allocated effectively.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and issues, develop mitigation plans, and address problems as they arise.
- Stakeholder Communication: Establish clear communication channels with stakeholders, including senior management, to keep them informed of progress and address concerns.
- Resource Allocation: Allocate resources, including staff, equipment, and materials, to ensure project success.
- Quality Assurance: Define and monitor quality standards, ensuring that all project deliverables meet the required specifications.
- Change Management: Implement and manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs as necessary.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed program documentation, including project plans, status reports, and other relevant records.
- Vendor and Contract Management: Oversee relationships with external vendors and service providers, negotiating contracts and ensuring they deliver as per agreements.
- Team Leadership: Lead and motivate the program team, providing guidance, resolving conflicts, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Performance Evaluation: Continuously assess program performance, analyze data, and make necessary adjustments to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Compliance: Ensure that all projects and activities within the program adhere to regulatory and compliance standards.
- Technology Expertise: Stay current with industry trends and technology developments to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Problem Solving: Address complex issues and challenges that may arise within the program, finding innovative solutions.
- Reporting: Prepare and present regular reports to management and key stakeholders on program progress and outcomes.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in IT governance, project management, or related field
- Strong knowledge of IT governance frameworks, project management methodologies, and IT risk management
- Experience in implementing and managing an SDLC.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage budgets and resources effectively.
- Experience in the building materials industry or related field is preferred.
- Certifications in IT governance and project management (e.g. Agile, COBIT, PMP) are preferred.
In California, the standard pay range for this role is 144000 - 180000 annually. This range is specific to California and may not be applicable in other locations.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.