Control Software Engineer -II
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are looking for a Controls Software Engineer with a passion for software design and extensive experience with C++, Agile Scrum using Jira and Git. You will report to the Senior Manager Control Application Software Development. As a hands-on member of the development team, you will also do the work of delivering a releasable Increment of product at the end of each Sprint.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Develop Fluence OS (FOS) controls software used in Fluence’s energy storage products. The software you will develop includes but not limited to:
- system-level BMS (Battery Management System)
- controls communication
- Fluence OS application and base controls for utility and grid applications
- oIntegration of grid-scale battery and power conversion systems from industry-leading manufacturers.
- Design, develop, build, and document FOS controls SW using C++, C and/or Matlab/Simulink.
- Support requisition engineering. Troubleshoot field issues and identify root causes.
- Focus on robustness, security, performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Meet project timelines and budget.
- Track, manage, document, and report work using JIRA and Confluence.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork that allows for impersonal disagreement over ideas, conflict, and expeditious resolution.
- Bachelor in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, or related fields from an accredited university.
- 3+ years of SW development experience.
- Expertise in object oriented software development with C++ preferably for Linux.
- Basic knowledge of a scripting language, preferably Python.
- Expertise in C programming.
- Expertise using the Agile development framework and Git workflow.
- Enthusiasm for getting things done, taking personal responsibility, adding value within a team setting, learning new things, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 5% of the time.
- Knowledge in developing Battery Management System (BMS) software.
- Knowledge of messagebus, such as MQTT.
- Knowledge of power system market applications, power generation, and/or energy storage system controls.
- Experience in MathWorks Matlab/Simulink for controls logic development.
- Experience in Test Driven Development.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Experience in Linux shell script programming.
- Experience with Industrial Protocols: Modbus, CAN.
- Experience with Containers (docker).
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.