Industrial/Process Engineer (Commissioning)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About the Position:
Location: Hybrid - Houston TX/Alpharetta GA/Arlington VA
We are looking for process-oriented people who want to apply their background and experience to a different process and industry, the commissioning of utility scale energy storage. We define “Commissioning” as a series of steps taken to bring a battery energy storage system into working condition to meet customer expectations; verifying it is installed correctly and operates properly. As an Industrial/Process Engineer for the Commissioning Center of Excellence, you will determine, document and present how to bring an energy system to life from installation to operation. As well as determining the number of people, time and cost required to execute various sized projects. This is a role that requires global interaction with many internal regional groups including Product, Sales, and Project Execution.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Develop a deep understanding of the Fluence energy storage technology platforms
· Development and maintain the commissioning procedures for the project teams, as well as provide technical guidance used to drive successful equipment-only and turn-key project execution
· Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time to provide technical guidance as new products are released or major product changes occur
· Assist in the maintenance of contractual documentation related to commissioning
· Assist in the development and maintenance of detailed and accurate commissioning cost estimates for new products
· Support Sales with contracts regarding commissioning scope, schedule, and performance testing
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering
- 3-5 years’ work experience. Preference to:
- Having supported products in the field, performed data analysis as part of a regular job function and systems operational experience
- Having worked in energy storage and power generation fields
- Having worked in a field requiring strong safety knowledge and behaviors
- Having experience with business contracts
- Ability to solve complex system-level technical problems and communicate results.
- Having experience troubleshooting and solving problems across multiple technologies and control systems
- Having formal training on structured problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Having created formal documents and procedures for others’ use
- Having been involved in providing training for others
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to prioritize and execute many tasks in parallel
Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
· Competitive salary and benefits package
· Collaborative and supportive work environment
· Opportunities for professional development and growth
· Chance to make a real difference in the world
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.