Advanced Supplier Quality - Sr. Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About the position:
Location: Arlington VA/Alpharetta GA/Houston TX (Hybrid)
· Be an active member of the new product development teams as the Supplier Quality representative
· Act as a project manager within Supplier Quality, ensuring Quality Planning activities are properly performed on-time according development project timelines
· Participate / lead onsite supplier process audits – you will lead the audits for new or potential suppliers
· Assist in building supplier quality programs and policies.
· Support on Definition and implementation of supplier improvement programs for potential new suppliers
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required. Advanced degree or certification in a relevant subject area is a plus
- 5+ years relevant supplier Quality experience
- Technical background desired
- Working experience with Quality Planning tools such as APQP, Control Plan, PPAP / FAIR, etc.
- Strong knowledge of process audits (VDA 6.3 preferred)
- Some experience with NPI
- Knowledge of other methods such as FMEA, SPC, Measurement Analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001standards (lead-auditor certification preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge (certification is preferred)
- Global mindset with experience working in an international/multi-cultural matrix environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Detail and Goals- oriented
- Strong Problem-solving skills
- Energy Storage knowledge preferred but not required
Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
· Competitive salary and benefits package
· Collaborative and supportive work environment
· Opportunities for professional development and growth
· Chance to make a real difference in the world
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.