Technical Product Manager, Fluence OS Platform
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This role is responsible for the technical product strategy and execution of the Fluence OS platform. This includes management and maintenance of Fluence’s next generation real-time operating system including its edge controls, cloud data infrastructure, and data integration with Fluence’s Digital platforms, Nispera and Mosaic. This role will serve as the primary point of customer interaction for the Fluence OS platform as part of Fluence’s suite of software and controls products.
What does a Technical Product Manager, OS Platform do at Fluence?
- Identify, evaluate, and execute the technical product strategy for emerging opportunities for the Fluence OS platform (including edge controls, cloud data infrastructure, and data integration), addressing the unique needs of Fluence customers.
- Oversee the development and execution of the technical platform strategy that utilizes Fluence’s suite of software and controls products – OS, Nispera, and Mosaic.
- Responsible for communicating the technical strategy, roadmap, and value propositions of Fluence’s OS platform capabilities to both external and internal stakeholders.
- Work with cross-business Product Managers to ensure the OS platform capabilities and limitations are factored into their product and technology roadmaps.
- Develop an understanding of OS platform needs based on customer requirements, industry standards, and regional regulations and communicate those needs to the engineering team, specifically the engineering Agile teams via technical product requirements. Ensure the technical solutions they develop meet the needs of the product strategy and Fluence’s customers.
- Conduct competitor analysis and stay current with market trends around innovation pertaining to edge controls, cloud data infrastructure, and data integration.
- Gather, analyze, and act on customer feedback to inform product enhancements and future product development.
- Conduct product presentations to customers at industry events.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- The ideal candidate will have a working understanding of enterprise architecture, cloud data architecture, and Edge controls.
- Working understanding of data modeling and information modeling.
- Experience and knowledge of Agile development methods, and ability to define detailed requirements based on technical product strategy to engineering stakeholders.
- Software and controls architecture background is strongly desired. Experience in BESS preferred, but not required.
- Proven ability to work across multiple teams and projects concurrently, in a technical business environment.
- Ability to utilize data and statistical analyses to inform decisions.
- Periodic time zone flexibility to support customers and colleagues across the world
- Ability to travel internationally (~25% of the time)
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.