Product Test Engineer II
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Product, Quality Assurance
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Location: Hybrid (2-3 days in office) in our Pittsburgh, PA laboratory.
The Product Test Engineer-II will be critical in helping Fluence deploy the next generation of energy storage technology. The Product Test Engineer-II will be responsible for executing testing and validation of the battery energy storage system, subsystems, and associated components. As an integral member of our engineering team, you will contribute to the development and improvement of energy storage technologies that have a significant impact on the renewable energy landscape.
What does a Product Test Engineer II do at Fluence?
- Develop a deep understanding of the electrical, mechanical, and structural aspects of the Battery Energy Storage System (BESS), including battery enclosure, control system, fire suppression system, 1500Vdc battery system and air or liquid based cooling system.
- Execute product specific test plans and procedures based on design documentations, requirements specifications, quality and compliance standards.
- Collect and analyze test data to evaluate the efficiency, reliability, and safety of energy storage technologies.
- Summarize findings in clear and concise reports.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to define test requirements and validate designs.
- Investigate and analyze test failures to provide valuable feedback to the development team.
- Perform failure analysis, review, and analyze data to drive corrective actions as require
- Maintain detailed records of test procedures, results, and observations. Generate documentation that adheres to quality and compliance standards.
- Set up and operate testing equipment and instrumentation. Ensure that all tools and equipment are properly calibrated and maintained.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors and external testing agencies.
What does an ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelors’ degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar.
- 2+ years industry experience required (Utility, Wind, Solar, or Thermal energy equipment supplier).
- Familiarity with energy storage systems and related technologies.
- Experience with testing and instrumentation tools.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations
- Internship or academic projects related to energy storage or renewable energy
- Strong communicator (written and verbal).
- Good technical writing skills.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of time to our Pittsburgh, PA lab. There is also 20% travel to our Long Beach laboratory.
- Demonstrated proficiency using MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Able to manage projects.
- Must possess a desire to take on tough and challenging projects.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.