Data Engineer Reliability (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Thursday, November 30, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position will be within Fluence’s software engineering team working on the Nispera Asset Performance Management (APM) platform. The platform is designed to monitor, analyze, and optimize the performance of renewable energy assets, spanning various technologies (Wind, Solar, Hydro and Battery Storage) leveraging fully automated data acquisition and AI-driven computational algorithms.
As a Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in enhancing the reliability capabilities of the Nispera platform. Your primary responsibility will be designing, implementing, and maintaining the data infrastructure necessary for effective Reliability-centered Maintenance (RCM) of the assets. This includes developing robust data pipelines and ensuring seamless compatibility with established systems, allowing high-quality data availability for AI-based advanced analytics. Your expertise will extend to the design and implementation of data-driven RCM models and failure statistics, contributing significantly to the continuous development of the reliability capabilities embedded within the platform.
Key responsibilities include
· Design, develop and optimize data models and data pipelines to support the APM's scalable, efficient, and automated reliability functionalities
· Derive data-driven decisions regarding RCM
· Apply statistical models, simulations and other numerical methods to estimate failure risk/uncertainties
· Assist the team in the development of statistical procedures to obtain RCM models that yield actionable insights
· Collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and ensure data integrity
· Formulate, suggest, and manage data-driven projects to contribute to the strategic objectives of the APM software
· BSc or higher in computer science, technical engineering, or a related field.
· 3+ years of professional experience in data engineering and ETL / ELT pipelines
· Proficiency in Python and SQL
· Statistical analysis and data interpretation skills
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build solid working relationships — from individual contributors to executives.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to have
· Hands-on experience in reliability engineering projects
· Experience in data science
· Machine learning knowhow
· Knowledge in renewable energy markets and large scale battery technology
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.