Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive the Project team on realization of the Project specific requirements with existing functionalities: Cybersecurity, Network, Architecture and associated devices.
- Drive the integration of the Fluence BESS control system into the Transmission System Operator (TSO) SCADA systems: Network configuration, communication interfaces, cybersecurity requirements, to meet TSO / Customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation of existing Network infrastructure including hardware, protocols, communication links and cybersecurity strategies.
- Work with field engineers to find solutions to problems as they arise during commissioning/testing of a system, in all network-related subjects.
- Develop standardized test procedures and execute tests (FAT / SAT) to reduce commissioning time, and perform testing, including involvement in hands on lab testing during evaluations of prototype systems.
- Support in central network/cybersecurity for energy storage solutions, including guidance, evaluation and analysis of network/cybersecurity challenges.
- Drive interface to Client and sub-contractor to ensure Networks compliance and lead concept during Tender and Project Execution phase.
- Keep current with all Company products, developments, and projects as they apply to the Network at both site and enterprise levels.
- Maintain strict management of change control procedures and documentation.
- Remain current on industry best practices and updated technology to ensure the company is provided world-class Network and Cybersecurity practices.
- Support company strategy and provide relevant reporting and updates to Company leadership as needed.
- Develop and recommend performance management and feedback to current Control System technical support KPI’s.
- Executing tasks related to Fluence’ safety KPIs
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in computer engineering, information technology, computer science (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in OT / Networking with a power utility or related industry and direct experience in the electricity transmission/distribution sector with EMS/SCADA systems
- Extensive knowledge of OSI layer models and experience in deploying network configurations
- Extensive knowledge in remote access VPN, site-to-site VPN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches (Cisco + industrial equipment), SD-WAN, Meraki
- Experience in Linux based systems and commands, High-level programming languages such as Python and shell/bash scripting as well as with Github
- Knowledge about AWS, Openstack, Docker.
- Experience on the design, operation and maintenance of high voltage electrical equipment including but not limited to inverters, transformers, I/O racks, telecommunications, and controllers
- Solution-orientated mindset
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English
- German / other language skills beneficial
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.