Manufacturing Process/Industrial Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About the position:
Location: Arlington VA/Alpharetta GA/Houston TX (Hybrid)
· Develop, support, evolve, and train intra/interdepartmental Fluence manufacturing procedures
· Develop quality control plans and maintain product specifications for manufacturing operations
· Assist the transfer of new products from development to manufacturing, including the ramp-up from pilot to full rate production, and the optimization of manufacturing processes
· Perform technical evaluations and reports for NPI test runs, supplier/contract manufacturer audits and root cause investigation support
· Support PFMEA reviews for new products with process engineering team and horizontally apply lessons learned back into quality control plans
· Consult with compliance SMEs and maintain factory certification for contract manufacturing operations
· Work with Fluence operations engineers to identify cost down activities and implement at regional contract manufacturers
· Develop standard operational procedures for manufacturing assembly processes
· Provide technical guidance for project start-ups, test runs and special procedures
· Work closely with the Manufacturing and Quality Assurance departments to troubleshoot problems
What will the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering or related technical field
- 3+ years’ experience in a quality manufacturing or process engineering role
- The successful candidate will have broad and deep experience within product development and manufacturing within an OEM and/or Tier I supplier community.
- Knowledge of quality methods and requirements including APQP or stage gate release processes, ISO9001, TS16949, and global OEM development systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous improvement, lean, 5S concepts
- Hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment, particularly with high volume, low-mix production
- Experience in Six Sigma philosophy
- Excellent influencing, negotiation skills at multiple organizational levels
- Shown success in applying Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work cross functionally with teams.
- Experience in a manufacturing NPI role preferred.
- Ability to travel to CM (contract manufacturer) locations with little advanced notice.
Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
· Competitive salary and benefits package
· Collaborative and supportive work environment
· Opportunities for professional development and growth
· Chance to make a real difference in the world
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.