Senior Product Design Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
San Francisco, CA, USA · Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 21, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This position will be within the Fluence Digital business unit. Fluence Digital’s IQ platform uses artificial intelligence, advanced price forecasting, portfolio optimization and market bidding to ensure energy storage and flexible generation assets are optimally participating in wholesale electricity markets.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Location: Hybrid (3 days in office) in San Francisco, Houston TX, Arlington VA
The core objective of this role is to deliver top quality product design to customers, while working alongside software development teams, subject matter experts, and
managing other designers to deliver joyful experiences for existing and new SaaS B2B products.
The role will be based in Fluence Digital and will report to the Head of Digital Product, with close interaction with Engineering, Data Science, and Commercial teams.
Key role responsibilities:
· Bring in consistency in user experience across multiple existing web and mobile applications
· Bring in consistency in user experience technologies used across multiple products
· Own, maintain, and grow Design System across multiple products
· Create UX documentation
· Manage prototypes at multiple levels
· Integrate UXR feedback into team workload
· Communicate design intent to technical and non-technical internal stakeholders
· Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to create intuitive product experiences.
· Develop wireframes for new product features/modules
· Lead, mentor, coach other designers in the team
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- 10+ years of industry experience as a UX Designer
- Experience managing & leading design teams of multiple products
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience working with highly technical products both cloud based and mobile
- Comfortable working within Agile team environments
- Familiarity with Figma and relevant design tools
- Portfolio illustrating a track record of understanding user needs
- Passion for Renewable Energy
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
#energy #sustainability #inclusionmatters
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
In California, the standard pay range for this role is $120 - 150K annually. This range is specific to California only and may not be applicable in other locations.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.