Staff Data Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Software Engineering, Data Science
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will be supporting the new Fluence Digital business unit, formed following Fluence’s acquisition of San Francisco-based start-up AMS. Fluence Digital’s software technology uses artificial intelligence, advanced price forecasting, portfolio optimization and market bidding to ensure energy storage and flexible generation assets are responding optimally to price signals sent by the market.
You will be an integral member of the Fluence Digital team, maturing, developing, and maintaining a data ingestion and storage platform which serves our trading, forecasting, reporting, and analytical applications.
The position will be based in Fluence Digital’s India office, and will report to the director of SWE in India, with close interaction with a global team of data scientists, product managers, and subject matter experts to shape the evolution of our company and the future of the electricity grid.
Key role responsibilities include:
- Build, test, scale, and refine data ingestion pipelines across our energy market data platform
- Design, develop, and maintain systems for querying and processing data, working with data scientists and software engineers to drive efficient solutions
- Build and own data frameworks and libraries, supporting others in deploying, operating, and extending upon your clean, tested code
- Help define our data story and enable data-driven solutions at Fluence Digital, both technically and culturally
- Work with on-call staff, data scientists, software engineers and customer teams to trouble-shoot and debug data pipelines
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience with at least 5+ years of data engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in Python, with hands on experience with data engineering tools such as Pandas
- Knowledgeable in at least one other programming language (C/C++, Python, Kotlin, Java) with the ability to adapt to new environments
- Expert in SQL with a strong understanding of database design, data modeling, and query tuning with hands on experience ingesting, storing and serving time-series data preferred
- Hands on knowledge of PostGres
- Experience building Restful services
- Understanding of automated testing
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience on setting up deployment process, and tools
- Knowledge of available data streaming platforms, distributed compute frameworks, and file storage formats with the expertise to apply their use to meet our organizational needs
- Experience building data pipelines with stringent latency and correctness requirements
- Hands on experience working with the AWS cloud and AWS services such as S3, Aurora, RDS, EC2, Lambdas, etc.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and deliver solutions quickly at high quality
- Passionate about learning, and tackling new and exciting technical challenges
- Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge of working with Terraform
- Experience with BI tools such as Looker, PowerBI
- Experience with vizualization tools in the python ecosystem such as matplotlib, plot.ly, etc
- Experience working with Data Science teams
- Experience working with data warehouses such as Snowflake
- Experience with Cassandra or Scylla
- Experience using Kubernetes
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.