Front end Development Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Fluence Energy is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Front End Development Manager to lead and mentor a team of talented engineers in the creation and enhancement of the Fluence OS web-based user interfaces. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in front-end development and team management with expertise in various programming languages and tools, as well as experience in Agile methodologies. If you are passionate about creating polished, user-friendly interfaces and are ready to contribute to the energy industry's evolution, this is the role for you.
As the Front-end Development Manager at Fluence, you will bring
- Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of front-end engineers.
- Oversee the development of web-based user interfaces, ensuring they are intuitive and user-friendly.
- Utilize Agile development methodologies to facilitate project execution and efficient team collaboration.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders globally to drive project success.
- Provide clear and concise documentation for both internal and external team members.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies to drive innovation.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, and work experience.
- Proven experience managing a team of developers.
- Strong familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Understanding of Project Management or Product Management concepts and principles.
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails, Linux (Ubuntu), C/C++, and XML is desired.
- Proficiency in API development, Node.js, React, relational databases and Websockets.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and enhancing web-based user interfaces.
- Strong abstraction, algorithmic, software design, and programming skills.
- Self-driven, enthusiastic, and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with industrial and/or power generation operational and control systems is desirable.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
- If you are a dynamic and forward-thinking individual with a passion for front-end development and team leadership, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to shape the future of energy storage at Fluence Energy.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.