Sr. Manager Payroll
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Location: Hybrid - Houston, TX
The Sr Manager Payroll, NA will be responsible for overseeing and streamlining all payroll activities within the Americas team. This critical team player must be self-starter with deep payroll experience that can be immediately transferred to Fluence’s payroll practices.
Responsibilities, on any given day:
•Oversee all aspects of payroll management including routine payroll processing, tax and benefits compliance and reporting, and SOX compliance
•Working with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure the benefits and payroll services are delivered at best practice standards
•Manage stock-based compensation processing in payroll, including option exercises & RSU’s and ESPP for proper income reporting and tax withholding
•Scale payroll processes with a focus on process improvements and system optimization (ADP/Workday)
•Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner, managing and resolving any issues related to payroll
•Understand and properly manage payroll workload to meet operational requirements
•Direct the preparation of payroll related documents
•Oversee the preparation of all payroll related reports, including governmental and regulatory filings
•Preparing reports by compiling summaries of company earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability payments, and non-taxable wages
•Analyzing and reporting on payroll data
•Monitor compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations
•Auditing the payroll to make sure it satisfies all government regulations
•Manage the businesses SOX relationship for payroll, work with external auditors to respond to SOX audit requests
•Monitor employee inquiries and ensure that all inquiries are promptly and appropriately resolved
•Partner with IT and other relevant stakeholders to optimize system functionality and exploit opportunities for automation
•Partner with Human Resources to facilitate the accurate and timely processing of stock transactions, severance, one-time payments, leaves of absence
•Maintaining confidential information by adhering to legal and ethical standards
•Leading the payroll team of administrators, which may include delegating, reviewing work, training, and coaching
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Expert knowledge of payroll processes and relevant legal regulations
- Keen understanding of taxable and non-taxable earnings and expenses
- Current knowledge of applicable federal and state wage and hour laws and taxation
- Strong math and analytical skills, knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of payroll accounting and reconciliations
- Excellent understanding of equity related transactions, deep knowledge of stock and incentive plan payments within a publicly traded company
- Aptitude in problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- A relationship builder with powerful communication skills (both verbal and written)
- A trusted advisor who demonstrates active listening and considers the impact of their decisions across the enterprise.
- Experience in managing and documenting payroll controls for compliance with SOX
- Exceptional organizational skills
- 10+ years payroll experience
- Deep proficiency in ADP payroll software, General technical savviness required.
- Must have managerial or supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, degree in business administration, accounting, or finance preferred.
- Familiarity with NetSuite or equivalent ERP system is a plus.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation preferred.
- International payroll experience a plus
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
#energy #sustainability #inclusionmatters
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.