Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting
Location: Houston, TX, Arlington, VA, Alpharetta, GA, or San Francisco, CA, USA
Finance – Accounting /Full-Time / Hybrid
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Sr. Manager, Corporate Accounting, you will:
· Develop, direct, and optimize the worldwide month-end financial close and consolidation process
· Owner of closing subledgers and coordination of completion of month-end close as per corporate timetable
· Strategically recruit and develop a global accounting team that supports and collaborates with three regions (Americas, APAC, EMEA) and corporate functions providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship
· Responsible for ensuring the accurate and efficient accounting for general accounting processes and consolidation of all global general ledgers
· Currency revaluation and foreign currency exchange rate monitoring
· Ownership of the accurate and efficient accounting for general accounting processes such as month-end accruals, intercompany transactions and eliminations, and corporate allocations
· Fixed asset and Lease accounting owner, including coordination of fixed asset audits
· Strong collaboration skills working with cross functional departments, including HR, payroll, engineering, and project management
· Preparation, review, and global monitoring of account reconciliations
· Identify areas for automation and work with the finance and IT teams to implement process improvements and automation opportunities
· Coordinate and assist with internal and external audits, ensuring a smooth audit process addressing audit findings
· Key stakeholder in the SAP configuration and design that will impact accounting processes and controls downstream
· Involvement in purchase accounting for potential acquisitions and the accounting General ledger and chart of accounts maintenance and finance integration of acquired entities
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Minimum of 10 years of experience
- CPA preferred
- Self-starter with a proven track record of grit and determination to drive process improvement
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight timelines
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, team centered environment
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with all levels
- Self starter that can implement a vision by working with cross functional business partners to drive change
- Demonstrated ability in managing accounting and financial reporting functions, including support in business administration, managing audits, and ERP customizations
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s accounting policy and its implementation according to the latest GAAP requirements
- Advanced knowledge and skill with excel and the ability to automate tasks
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or equivalent training
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.