Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posted on Monday, November 6, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About the position
Location: Onsite at client site
The Energy Storage Commissioning Engineer will:
• Commission Fluence Projects working in cooperation with multiple project stakeholders including Fluence construction managers, contractors, suppliers, automation teams, control systems teams, et c.
• Develop and execute commissioning plans including resourcing and scheduling.
• Lead commissioning efforts to achieve commercial operations, and handover from delivery/construction team to the O&M team for each project.
• Define, develop and execute testing protocols based on industry-accepted practices, market rules, local utility requirements, off-taker and third-party supply contracts.
• Oversee complete commissioning and acceptance testing of the following systems: 1) project networks, communications, and control systems; 2) balance of plant relay protection, metering, HVAC, fire suppression, and electrical systems; 3) battery subsystems;4) inverter subsystems.
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Undergraduate degree in a related engineering field with 2 to 4 years of professional work experience in a related field, such as industrial/utility construction, commissioning, project management, performance testing, and troubleshooting.
- Willing and able to manage commissioning at field locations located domestically and internationally.
- Must be willing to accept work assignments that require extensive (>90%) overnight travel from home, including weekends and holidays. You will be at a client site for 4-6 weeks then home for 1 week.
- Able to provide effective remote technical support as needed to other commissioning teams.
- Demonstrated hands on field experience in an electric utility-scale or process-heavy industrial environment, including but not limited to equipment and instrumentation acceptance testing, performance testing, troubleshooting, installation, startup/shutdowns, commissioning, and turnarounds.
- Proven success on challenging projects where you made key contributions while demonstrating ownership, creativity, and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in engineering design; ability to write specifications and work plans for others to implement.
- Passion for your work, and communication skills such that your passion motivates colleagues, clients, suppliers, and contractors.
- Desire to learn new skills, business applications and equipment platforms
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
In Colorado and California, the standard pay range for this role is $98k - 120K annually. This range is specific to Colorado and California and may not be applicable in other locations.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.