Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- Identification of customers, applications, and segments that are an attractive fit for Fluence’s energy storage products, services and digital applications. Strive to understand the customer’s needs inside and out.
- Building and maintaining management level relationships with key customers and industry stakeholders (with regional travel as required). Assessing and prioritizing sales opportunities using strategic selling criteria.
- Provide technical and commercial support during sales process – become a subject matter expert across all elements of Fluence’s technology, able to answer a range of technical queries on our hardware, software, and services offerings.
- Lead and collaborate with commercial project management, legal and sales engineering teams (“Deal Team”) to develop compelling offers for key customers.
- Lead the negotiation and closing of transactions for energy storage products and services with the support of a Deal Team, and provide oversight and mentorship of more junior deal team members.
- Deliver on quarterly and annual sales order intake and margin targets established in coordination with the Sales Director. Individual accountability for meeting sales team budget and key KPIs’. Support data driven decision making via Salesforce and other reporting/CRM tools including tracking customer interactions and opportunity pipeline management.
- Gathering and dissemination of competitive intelligence and bid feedback to improve Fluence offerings
- Maintenance, development and improvement of tools to support sales efforts and improve sales team efficiency
- Collaboration with market applications and growth team to understand policy, regulatory and market opportunities that strengthen or weaken the business case
- Representation of Fluence at industry conferences and other events
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject (environmental studies, business, economics, engineering, sciences, computer science, mathematics, statistics, etc.) or equivalent demonstration through additional work experience
- Minimum 5 years of sales, technical or commercial experience in the power generation or a related industry (directly in energy storage would be a plus)
- Demonstrated track record in building up sales pipelines successfully and driving contracts to efficient close as a deal leader
- Direct experience on battery-based energy storage systems and contracting from a technical and commercial perspective
- Strong management level stakeholder relationships and network within the regional energy storage sector, including developers, IPPs and local EPCs
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Experience with Salesforce, Klue, RFPio, PowerBI a plus.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and high attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a remote team environment
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Fluent English (further language abilities a plus).
- Ability to seek and give constructive feedback and advice.
- Mentor junior colleagues.
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Claudine Kaye De Villa
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.