Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Taipei City, Taiwan
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Sales Engineer will jointly lead the Technical Sales of EPC Projects & Equipment Sales to achieve regional objectives and provide support and coordination to the Fluence project teams with subcontractors, including civil, electrical, and mechanical subcontractors for projects within the designated area. He or she will have a primary focus to develop the technical configuration for energy storage projects, create the project budget, support sales in customer meetings and ultimately reduce project risks through diligent scoping of customer and project requirements. They will have a thorough grasp of relevant engineering issues, connection requirements, and regulatory environments and will handle several projects simultaneously.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding for the Fluence energy storage technology platforms and provide sales teams with technical support as well as product configuration guidance / costing to drive successful equipment only and turn key sales.
- Assist in the development of sales tools and support materials to streamline and scale sales efforts within the region.
- Involved with Business Development in the Philippines as well as provide Sales Engineering support to our opportunities.
- Take the lead in identifying and evaluating proposals from BOP contractors to support system integration.
- Work with Sales to negotiate technical aspects of contract negotiations.
- Support dynamic system modelling efforts to optimize the product offering for target applications and markets.
- Capture customer technical and application requirements to help shape the Fluence product roadmaps.
- Provide support to Project Procurement by drafting specifications and performing technical reviews of vendor quotations.
- Ensure that completed systems conform to all specifications, codes, standards and customer requirements.
- Working in close cooperation with Energy Storage project and engineering teams, lead the construction site activities for battery storage projects until satisfactory completion.
- Review and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff and contractors.
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forward by internal project team members, subcontractors, and customers.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
- Support Global Market team on preliminary designs of Projects like SLD or Layouts.
- BS/BA minimum; Electrical Engineering preferred, but other fields will be considered.
- 10+ years of engineering experience, ideally including a management role.
- Experience in Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) for High Voltage Systems, Wind, Solar, or Conventional Power Generation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills needed to develop and manage a team.
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment.
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in resolving disagreements and distilling complicated topics to a broader audience.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate results.
- Ability to review contracts and technical requirements.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to prioritize and execute on many tasks in parallel.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.