Regional Finance Leader (Americas)- Hana/S4 ERP Implementation
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Fluence is embarking on a digital transformation journey to enable the company's mission to create a sustainable, clean-energy future for future generations. Global ERP implementation will be at the core of the transformation and will be a strategic companywide initiative. We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our digital transformation team. As a member of the digital transformation team, you will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the company to design and implement the SAP S4 HANA platform. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for individuals passionate about technology and sustainability. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is at the forefront of the energy revolution. You will have the chance to work on cutting-edge technology, collaborate with talented people from all over the world, and make a real difference in the fight against climate change. If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we encourage you to apply.
We are seeking a seasoned Regional Finance Leader to take the lead in driving the successful implementation of the Hana/S4 ERP system within our region. The Regional Finance Leader will play a pivotal role in ensuring seamless integration and optimization of financial processes during this transformative project.
1. Develop and execute a regional ERP implementation strategy that aligns with the global ERP strategy and regional business needs in support of financial processes.
2. Lead and oversee all aspects of the ERP implementation project within the region, including planning, budgeting, resource allocation, and timeline management.
Financial Process Optimization:
3. Collaborate with finance teams in the region to identify opportunities for process improvements and automation within the ERP system.
4. Manage change effectively by communicating with regional stakeholders, providing training, and ensuring a smooth transition to the new ERP system.
5. Work closely with IT teams, business analysts, and other departments to ensure the ERP system aligns with regional business objectives.
6. Identify potential risks specific to the regional implementation and develop mitigation strategies to minimize disruptions.
7. Ensure the ERP system meets quality standards and compliance requirements within the region.
8. Generate regular progress reports for senior regional management, highlighting key milestones, challenges, and successes.
9. Collaborate with ERP vendors and regional service providers to resolve technical issues, implement updates, and ensure ongoing system support.
What will the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor's degree in finance, Accounting, or a related field; MBA or relevant certification preferred.
- Proven experience in leading ERP implementations, particularly with SAP Hana/S4 across a large region and a focus on financial processes and automation.
- Minimum of 5-years' experience running ERP implementations and part of a broader implementation team.
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of finance processes.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- Effective communication and stakeholder management abilities.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing regional environments.
- Familiarity with relevant ERP software, including SAP, and associated tools.
- Knowledge of regional financial regulations and compliance standards.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.