Controller - Commerical Projects
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance
Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About this position
Location: Hybrid within Houston TX, Arlington VA or San Francisco CA geographic areas
This position reports to the Regional Controller and is responsible for managing and tracking all commercial aspects of large projects. This includes driving accounting compliance, ensuring adherence to commercial contract terms, executing financial and operational internal controls, driving, and managing customer contract changes and supplier claims and maintaining operational excellence. The position requires interfacing with many internal stakeholders as well as with customers, suppliers, and outside contractors. This role requires a background in accounting & finance, including contract administration, working with infrastructure and construction projects and managing a project budget in the execution phase.
As the Commercial Project Controller, you will:
· Work closely with project managers to provide timely transparency around project performance against budget.
· Ensure accurate project forecasts, incorporating known risks and opportunities.
· Ensure adherence to applicable accounting guidelines.
· Ensure adherence to commercial terms and conditions and highlight associated risks.
· Manage construction subcontractors and other suppliers to maintain project delivery timeline and quality.
· Organize project reviews throughout the life of each contract including coordinating the close-out process.
· Drive to improve project performance through change orders and supplier claims.
· Review, verify and process project related transactions (purchase requisitions, invoices, etc.)
· Generate project status reports and summaries.
· Understand and manage sales, property, and personal tax requirements.
· Track, evaluate and work to mitigate contract penalties such as performance guarantees and liquidated damages for delays.
· Work to continuously improve project execution processes.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or finance
- 8-10 years of financially managing large projects, preferably in the energy sector, including scopes of engineering, procurement and construction and long-term services
- Advanced understanding of project accounting methods
- Advanced understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions
- Advanced understanding of project risk management requirements in the areas of insurance, securities, guarantees, liquidated damages, etc.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired
- Experienced in negotiating directly with customers and suppliers.
- Good working knowledge of project related activities
- Experienced in the use of NetSuite or similar systems.
- Strong background in using MS Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
In Colorado and California, the standard pay range for this role is $105k - 135K annually. This range is specific to Colorado and California and may not be applicable in other locations.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.