Grid Modelling Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence Office: IND-Bangalore
Reports to: APAC Grid Connection Manager as part of the APAC Delivery group will be involved in performing grid connection studies.
About us: Fluence is a global leader in energy storage solutions, revolutionizing the way we integrate renewable energy into electricity systems. We are seeking a highly skilled Lead Grid Connections Engineer to play a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless integration of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS).
• Conduct detailed assessments of BESS solutions to ensure compliance with NER generator performance standards for grid connections.
• Support grid modelling studies conducted by third parties for BESS system grid connections, offering troubleshooting and technical support as required.
• Independently undertake preliminary modelling and assessments, including Model Acceptance Tests, to optimize grid connections.
• Provide essential technical documentation, including registration (R1) and R2 validation/commissioning documents, performance curves, datasheets, and RUGs.
• Collaborate with design teams to develop key design elements affecting grid connections, such as voltage control strategies and plant performance curves.
• Review and guide BESS and BoP designs for compliance with Generator Performance Standards (GPS) and Registration requirements.
• Assist in the maintenance and updating of proprietary PPC and OEM dynamic models.
• Conduct feasibility and locational studies using dynamic and grid models to identify and evaluate opportunities.
• Assist in qualifying and validating new inverter makes/models when required, including assessment of dynamic models for GPS compliance.
• Support modelling requirements and activities in the Asia-Pacific region.
• Collaborate with technical teams to develop innovative PPC solutions.
• Engineering degree in Electrical or Power Systems minimum
• PhD or Master’s in Power Systems preferred
• 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the energy sector
• Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively to projects, working collaboratively with consultants, designers, and other team members.
• Familiarity with reviewing grid connection compliance designs.
• Knowledge of the Australian National Electricity Market (NEM) grid connections preferred
• Proficiency in generator and power systems modelling
• Familiarity with PSS/E, PSCAD, and Power Factory software.
• Effective communication skills for engaging with stakeholders, including clients, consultants, contractors, and authorities.
• Ability to excel in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.