Finance Controller_German speaker (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Do others come to you for your subject matter expertise? Are you excited by the challenge of working in a start-up atmosphere with a purpose?
The Controller - Germany role is responsible for supervising, monitoring and evaluating all day-to-day accounting activities. In addition, the role will lead the month-end close processes from start to finish and ensure proper financial reporting.
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity. We take personal ownership in what we do, developing trust in our relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We firmly believe in having honest, forthcoming, and fair communications.
· You will coordinate and supervise the day to day work of external accounting service provider as well as being respsonible for the complete accounting process
· You will lead the local financial statement close process (US GAAP and HGB) and be responsible for reporting monthly results
· You will collaborate with tax advisors to ensure proper tax compliance
· Support process improvement initatives in Netsuite ERP
· You are the main point of contact for external auditors for group and local audits
· You will help build and expand on the existing internal control structure, supporting SOX compliance and reporting
· You will assist in the treasury functions such as cash management, cash-flow planning, cash reporting and compliance
Here at Fluence, we strive to continuously improve, be intellectually curious and be adaptive to our customers and employee’s needs. Collaboration is key, both in our partnerships with our customers, and with each other. Fluence prioritizes the most critical efforts that allow for the greatest impact.
· You have a minimum of 5 years experience in accounting, audit or comparable business adminstration roles and have proficient knowledge of US GAAP and HGB
· You are a self-starter with a strong work ethic who is always pushing to achieve and surpass their goals
· Expereince in project accounting under HGB
· Demonstrated ability in managing accounting and financial reporting functions, including support in business administration, managing audits, and ERP customizations.
· You have the motivation to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· You have strong communication skills and the confidence to contribute as a subject matter expert
· You are fluent in German and English
· Netsuite experience is a plus
· CPA, CMA, MBA designation is a plus
Working on transforming a fundamental part of our society is exciting and fulfilling. It requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed. We respect our coworkers and customers. We listen to what others have to say, and we are inclusive.
· You are excited to contribute to building a sustainable business on a global scale
· You are looking for a dynamic working environment that fosters creative thinking
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.