SCADA and Network Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Monday, October 16, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- Complete the system diagram for communication with RTU’s of external stakeholders (customers, system operators).
- Complete the system diagram for non-Fluence architecture (Balance of Plant).
- Determine the detailed points list for project RTU communication and test out the RTU communication between stakeholder devices.
- Perform onsite and remote support for configuration and commissioning of network, communication, controls, and SCADA equipment.
- Complete all project-specific controls configuration and deployment, to include server and controls operating systems, DAS system initialization, project-specific controls parameters, commissioning of project UI and commissioning of non-Fluence systems (Balance of Plant).
- Support sales and sales engineering with technical information for Fluence OS and non-Fluence systems (Balance of Plant).
- Support engineering with technical information for Fluence OS and non-Fluence systems (Balance of Plant).
- Support project team with required project-specific documentations and technical information for both Fluence OS and non-Fluence systems.
- Determine project requirements and schedules for SCADA and Controls deployment and delivery.
- Support achievement team KPI goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with Technology Deployment and Delivery Manager, and team members with deployment procedures and checklists as required to incorporate lessons learned and support implementation of new products.
- Support Root Cause Analysis, Lessons Learned, and Management of Change Activities.
- Collaborate with Technology Deployment and Delivery Manager, and team members to develop new tools, implement processes, provide feedback, and work with other stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of project execution.
- Ability to work in a manner consistent with the Fluence values of Leading, Agile, Responsible, and Fun.
- Leadership & Direct Supervisory experience in electric utility or generation/operations/technical teams (Storage, Solar, Wind, Hydro, Coal, Gas).
- An undergraduate degree in a related engineering field with 10+ years of professional work experience in a related field, such as industrial/utility construction, commissioning, project management, or operation.
- Proven track record of employing indirect leadership to gain alignment from stakeholders across an organization.
- Proven success on challenging projects where you made key contributions while demonstrating ownership, creativity, and initiative.
- Passion for your work, and communication skills such that your passion motivates colleagues, clients, suppliers, and contractors.
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts with 3rd party service providers.
- Successful track record of business process management to include project reporting/management, work execution, procure to pay, change management, workforce development and planning.
- Knowledge of battery energy storage systems, including knowledge/experience with grid qualification of ancillary services, is preferred.
- Experience commissioning electrical power plants, such as battery energy storage sites, substations, or solar/hydro/coal/gas plants, is preferred.
- Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Gera Cruz
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.