Senior Accountant - Projects
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance
Alpharetta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Senior Accountant, Projects will:
•Participate in month end close and all relevant reporting as per corporate timetable for the region, including variance analysis.
•Collaborate with Project Controllers to ensure proper accounting for project costs.
•Ensure accurate and timely business transaction recording in the ERP system.
•Maintain general ledger and related general accounting processes and reconciliations.
•Provide timely accounting, reporting, and system guidance to support the organization through business changes and strategic projects.
•Ensure SOX controls are executed timely and accurately.
Develop and participate in process improvement projects.
THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE TO BE WITHIN COMMUTABLE DISTANCE
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an organization with at least $1B in revenue
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of general ledger accounting processes.
- Experience and/or understanding of revenue recognition methods under ASC 606.
- Self-starter and self-directed, as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to implement a vision by working with cross functional business partners to drive change.
- Ensuring compliance with the company’s accounting policy and its implementation according to the latest GAAP requirements.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with Microsoft Excel and the ability to automate tasks.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.