SAP Development Lead
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence is embarking on a digital transformation journey to enable the company's mission to create a sustainable, clean-energy future for future generations. Global ERP implementation will be at the core of the transformation and will be a strategic companywide initiative.
We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our digital transformation team. As a member of the digital transformation team, you will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the company to design and implement the SAP S4 HANA platform. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for individuals passionate about technology and sustainability. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is at the forefront of the energy revolution. You will have the chance to work on cutting-edge technology, collaborate with talented people from all over the world, and make a real difference in the fight against climate change.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we encourage you to apply
The SAP Development Lead will be responsible for the development and delivery of SAP extensions and solutions. You will collaborate closely with SAP Architects, Integration teams, Business Analysts, and the our business partners to ensure solutions are developed in accordance with requirements that are scalable and on-time, while supporting products that are changing the world. Along with other leads, you will be responsible for technical designs, architecture, and design. A potential candidate needs a strong foundation in software development & integrations, with a background in SAP and related SAP systems along with other enterprise applications.
What does a SAP Development Lead do at Fluence?
- Drive SAP custom Development and Enhancement Strategy in collaboration with the various technology & business teams.
- Application Development using SAP BTP Development Tools and Services including BTP Low Code and Pro Code Development Tools, SAP Build Apps, FIORI and Mobile Services
- Support Business Requirements translation to RICEFW helping to rationalize, estimate and deliver with latest SAP technology application development stack.
- Manage a global team of developers and stakeholders.
- Develop the processes and roadmaps that define SAP S/4 HANA Custom Development strategy in a Hybrid landscape using latest SAP BTP Development Stack
- Develop the design and architecture of integration solutions, including data mapping, transformation, and API management.
- Provide technical and thought leadership in all aspects of SAP custom developments and promote best practices in these areas.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to evaluate business activities, design, and develop solutions to meet the needs.
- Lead the team to develop, configure and implement the solution as per the product development standards to meet business requirements.
- Work with and advise the QA team on the design of test plans, test cases and on automation.
- Help and review with the creation of training, product, and solution documentation.
- Support help desk and business on various technical issues.
- Communicate sophisticated technical solutions into simple conclusions.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- 5 + years’ experience in developing SAP applications using ABAP, with at least 3+ years' experience using SAP S/4 HANA
- 3+ years SAP application and development experience using SAP BTP Tools and services, with latest BTP Application Development and Automation Stack Tools and Services including Microservice based development architecture.
- 3+ years of experience with Data Modelling using Custom CDS view, AMDP, OData or related custom developments.
- 3+ year experience with design, development and maintenance of all SAP Custom Development using FIORI First, Clean Core and BTP Side by Side development approach.
- Strong knowledge on FIORI In App Extensibility, extending standard FIORI Apps and Building Custom FIORI Apps, experience with ABAP Restful Application Programming (RAP) model.
- Strong SAP Functional knowledge or SAP Basis background.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Understanding of SAP modules such as Finance, MM, PP, QM, SD, PLM, and APO.
- Experience in working with SAP Cloud technologies like SAC and other SAP Cloud technologies.
- Experience with EDI-B2B communication: SAP B2B Add-on, SPS, Trading Partner Management, Integration Advisor and EDI Message Tracking
- Experience with data integration: SAP Data Intelligence, Data Services or SAP SLT
- Exposure to modern integration architecture including Kubernetes, Microservices and service mesh.
- · Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Information Systems).
- · Experience working in Agile & Waterfall environments
- · Understanding of Software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- · Ability to affect positive change, empower people, cultivate product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- · Working knowledge of master data management
- · Experience with CI / CD
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.