Senior Electrical Systems Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The preferred candidate will have a background in electrical engineering, power systems, or controls systems and product development in the power conversion or renewables space, specifically in specific to the Battery energy management system, qualified electrical worker training, a minimum of an undergraduate degree, and 10+ years of work experience and prior experience in resolving the site issues, driving Root cause analysis, providing a solution to the Site commissioning team for the project-specific issues. Salary is commensurate with experience. Experience with energy storage is strongly preferred.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Power system Engineering.
• 10+ years of professional work experience as a system engineer in the electric power industry.
• Participate in project site root cause analysis activities, interfacing with customers and resolving their concerns raised during the installation and commissioning phases
• Ability to work with global stakeholders, delivering key results..
• Ability to work consistently with the Fluence values of Leading, Agile, Responsible, and Fun.
• Proven track record of employing indirect leadership to gain alignment from stakeholders across an organization.
• Proven success on challenging projects where you made key contributions while demonstrating ownership, creativity, and initiative.
• Demonstrated ability and interest in engineering design, managing the engineering challenges raised during construction and commissioning, ability to perform electrical calculation, such as cable sizing, busbar sizing, fuse coordination study, ability to write specifications, publish the Field technical bulletin, and work plans for others to implement.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively to internal and external audiences.
• Successful business process management track record to include project reporting/management, work execution, procure to pay, change management, workforce development, and planning.
• Desire to learn new skills, business applications, and equipment platforms.
• Competence in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, Electrical tools like Matlab, ETAP, etc.,
• Travel requirements: up to 40%, including international travel.
• Flexibility to work at various time zones.
• Preferred: Knowledge of battery energy storage systems, including knowledge/experience with grid qualification of ancillary services.
• Mentor team members and supervise work processes to ensure the development of high-quality deliverables across a wide scope of commitments.
• Plus: Prior knowledge/experience with Fluence product offerings
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.