SAP Sr. Business Systems Analyst - (FI-CO)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
San Francisco, CA, USA · Mountain View, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence is embarking on a digital transformation journey to enable the company's mission to create a sustainable, clean-energy future for future generations. Global ERP implementation will be at the core of the transformation and will be a strategic companywide initiative.
We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our digital transformation team. As a member of the digital transformation team, you will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the company to design and implement the SAP S4 HANA platform. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for individuals passionate about technology and sustainability. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is at the forefront of the energy revolution. You will have the chance to work on cutting-edge technology, collaborate with talented people from all over the world, and make a real difference in the fight against climate change.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we encourage you to apply.
The SAP Sr. Business Systems Analyst will play an integral role in delivering technology enabled process transformation in partnership with the business teams, leveraging SAP ECC and S/4 HANA Central Finance, with a focus on the Accounting and Finance teams. You will have the opportunity to improve business operations across all the global locations, as Fluence will be embarking on an end-to-end implementation of SAP S/4 HANA.
What does a SR. SAP Business Analyst do at Fluence?
- Identify & document business requirements, as well as map them to SAP to design the future state solution.
- Build strong relationships with corporate finance and local finance teams by offering pro-active guidance during all finance & controlling SAP related activities such as implementations, mergers, upgrades, and optimizations.
- Responsible for hands on functional configuration in SAP FI-CO modules.
- Design and deliver high quality solutions through system configuration and/or development that meet overall business requirements in the areas of responsibility.
- Assist with testing activities such as, but not limited to, creating test scenarios, cases, and scripts, as well as executing unit testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Develop a strong understanding of all system functions within the SAP/S4HANA financial modules to effectively support and improve the on-going architecture.
- Plan, organize, document, coordinate, and schedule work in the development of assigned tasks. May lead or supervise the assignments of other team members.
- Assist with training activities and post implementation support.
What would the ideal candidate look like?
- Bachelor’s education degree is required with minimum 10 years of experience in SAP FICO support and at least four full cycle implementations of S/4 HANA
- Deep understanding of SAP FICO in ECC and S/4 HANA. Including Finance and Controlling (FI-CO), Treasury (TR), & Project System (PS).
- Experience implementing ESG Reporting and building a “Green Ledger”.
- Strong understanding of financial processes, accounting principles, and financial reporting and has been a reliable partner to these groups.
- Expertise in Central Processing for AP, AR, Treasury Management, and Asset Accounting.
- Proficiency in business process modeling and documentation.
- Support complex issues, analyze information and recommend solutions;
- Dedicated to team orientation & ability to collaborate with business & IT organizations;
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.