Product Manager, OS Controls and Software
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Product Manager, OS Controls and Software, is responsible for the overall success of Fluence’s strategy around its Operating System’s Controls and Software. This includes the OS applications for interaction with the market as well as the control and coordination of the overall Fluence BESS System. This role will require the cross-functional management of the needs and requirements of Fluence’s three Regions: Americas, EMEA, and APAC, as well as working with the technology and supply chain teams to develop a strategy and plan to meet the Regions’ needs.
· Develop Fluence’s OS Controls and Software product strategy to address the unique needs of Fluence’s different Regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC) and their customers.
· Own Fluence’s multi-generational product plan (MGPP) and roadmap for OS Controls and Software. Collaborate with Fluence’s Growth team and Regional teams to ensure both the MGPP and roadmap meet their needs today and forward looking top address needs in the future.
· Responsible for communicating the strategy, roadmap, and value propositions of Fluence’s OS Controls and Software capabilities to both external and internal stakeholders.
· Work with other Product Managers to ensure the OS Controls and Software capabilities and limitations are factored into the MGPPs and roadmaps for their products.
· Work with the Technical Agile development teams to ensure the applications they develop meet the needs of Fluence’s customers.
· Support the Regional sales teams by responding to customer proposal questions and engaging with customers to clarify requirements around OS Controls and Software.
· Conducting competitor analysis and staying current with market trends and innovation in the OS space.
· Develop an understanding of OS needs based on customer requirements, industry standards, and regional regulations and communicate those needs to the engineering team via requirements.
· Gather, analyze, and act on customer feedback to inform product enhancements and future product development.
· Conduct product presentations to customers at industry events.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
· The ideal candidate will have a working understanding of how Controls and Software impact the operation of a battery energy storage system to meet market requirements.
· Controls and Software development background.
· Experience and knowledge of Agile development methods.
· Proven ability to work across multiple teams and projects concurrently, in a technical business environment.
· Ability to utilize data and statistical analyses to inform decisions.
· Periodic timezone flexibility to support customers and colleagues across the world
· Ability to travel internationally (~20% of the time)
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.