SOX Senior Analyst
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This role is a hybrid position requiring 3-4 days a week in a Fluence office. Locations include Arlington, VA, Houston, TX, Alpharetta, GA
As the SOX Senior Analyst, you will play a critical role in helping Fluence deliver the company’s global SOX program and continue to build our SOX framework as a newly public company. This position will work closely with the process and control owners to assess the end-to-end processes and controls are SOX compliant.
Reporting to the SOX Manager based in the US, you will work closely with the broader IA and ERM teams to build synergies as well as efficiencies in assessing financial risk across the Fluence Control Environment.
As the Sox Senior Analyst at Fluence, you will:
- Assist the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal SOX controls; Business and IT.
- Assist the planning, implementation, coordinating, and execution of all phases of SOX compliance including designing, testing, and reporting.
- Lead walkthroughs and identify/validate key controls, develop test procedures, execute, and document testing, and reporting results to management, internal and external audit.
- Oversee the work executed by our co-sourced partners based in the US.
- Manage the remediation efforts/testing of controls across the Company.
- Assist in continuous scoping analysis for SOX and periodic materiality update.
- Assist and manage ad hoc projects i.e., SOX readiness, system implementation, process improvement.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- Accounting/Auditing certification (e.g. CIA, CISA, CPA) is preferred.
- 3- years SOX implementation and ITGC experience with a newly public company is a plus.
- Experience in using data analytics as well as industry experience in renewable energy is a plus.
- Big 4 public accounting or Corporate SOX/Controls experience in a multi-national public company is a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
- Use of AuditBoard and maintenance of other GRC tools is a plus
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.