Software Engineer - Frontend
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position will be within the new Fluence Digital business unit, formed following Fluence’s acquisition of San Francisco-based start-up AMS. Fluence Digital’s software technology uses artificial intelligence, advanced price forecasting, portfolio optimization and market bidding to ensure energy storage and flexible generation assets are responding optimally to price signals sent by the market.
Join our dynamic team as a Frontend UI React Developer and play a pivotal role in shaping the user interface of our applications. You will be responsible for developing seamless single-page applications that will shape the future of our company and the electricity grid.
As a Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in designing, developing, and maintaining robust AWS SaaS applications. This role requires close collaboration with data scientists, product managers, and subject matter experts. Your key responsibilities include and not limited to:
As a Software Engineer – Frontend at Fluence, you will:
- Development: Design efficient and user-friendly UI using React.js, Next.js, and other relevant frameworks.
- Collaboration: Engage closely with API developers, data scientists, product managers, and subject matter experts to influence the company's evolution and the electricity grid's future.
- Code Management: Write code, conduct tests, create prototypes, troubleshoot issues, and evaluate and address bottlenecks.
- Design Input: Participate actively in design discussions, offering key insights to guide technical decisions.
- Documentation: Establish and document best practices and methodologies.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence:
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with React.js, Next.js, Material UI, and Typescript.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing single-page applications that involve data presentation with various charts.
- Proficiency in adhering to coding standards and guidelines.
- Expertise in static code analysis, unit testing, and other best practices ensuring high-quality code delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CSS, HTML, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, Flux, and other essential tools for single-page application development.
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software.
- Familiarity with performance testing frameworks.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelors in computer science or a related field is preferred
- Knowledge of data analytics visualization tools.
- Familiarity with CI/CD build pipelines.
- Understanding of MLOps and DataOps.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience using Ubuntu as a development environment.
- Knowledge of Dockers and Ubuntu development environment.
- AWS certifications will be considered an added advantage.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.