Senior Software QA Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Sr. Software QA Engineer will perform as a member of a dynamic software engineering team developing cutting edge energy storage tools. The Sr. Software QA Engineer will test software/hardware for ongoing development projects and be responsible for developing and maintaining test cases using Agile/Scrum software development methodologies. Sr. Software QA Engineer will also be responsible for evaluating algorithms and automation techniques to determine processes from a business and technical perspective.
As the Sr. Software QA Engineer at Fluence, you will:
- · Experience in high-performance programming such as Matlab+ and Simulink+.
- · Experience with Industrial Protocols: Modbus TCP, DNP3, IEC 61850.
- · Experience in modern web client technologies such as HTML5.
- · Experience with AWS, Openstack, Docker, and/or Github.
- · Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks.
- · Experience testing diverse COTS or Open-Source Software.
- · Experience assessing existing products.
- · Provide team leadership and influence application vision.
- · Strong oral and written communication skills.
- · Able to work independently with little day to day guidance and achieve targets and goals.
What will you bring to Fluence?
- BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Quality Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in programming languages such as Python and C/C++.
- Experience testing closed-loop control algorithms.
- Experience testing software using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience using a Test Case Management System such as TestRail.
- Experience capturing day to day activities in JIRA.
- Experience evaluating and implementing new and state-of-the-art technology to address challenging customer problems.
- Experience in forming design and doing analysis of a system or new requirements.
- Experience in developing test plans/procedures to assess adherence to requirements.
- Familiarity with power generation and/or grid level control systems.
- Experience with Power System Market Applications.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.