Sales Manager - South Europe (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This role is Hybrid, in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Relocation will be required.
- Identification of customers, applications, and segments that are an attractive fit for Fluence’s energy storage products and services. Strive to understand the customer’s needs inside and out. Build and maintain relationships with key customers and industry stakeholders. Assess and prioritize sales opportunities using strategic selling criteria.
- Serve and support customers in understanding the full range of battery energy storage benefits and what is the detailed Fluence offering to serve the South European markets.
- Understanding of customer business case fundamental and how they change over time, assessing the most attractive fit for Fluence’s energy products, services and digital applications.
- Identify any specific market needs or requirement which might have an impact in product development and compliance, proactively interface with the product and regional sales team.
- Originate sales opportunities.
- Be the voice of our customers within Fluence, gather and disseminate competitive intelligence and bid feedback to improve Fluence offerings and go-to-market strategies.
- Act as Key Account Manager for the South European based customers.
- Develop relationships with key customers at multiple level, channel partners, EPC and industry stakeholders.
- Support the sales and bidding phase of storage projects in the South European region from early customer engagements, through to tender processes or bilateral offers, contract negotiations and finally to successful closing in close collaboration with the regional deal teams.
- Provide technical and commercial support during sales process – become a subject matter expert across all elements of Fluence’s technology and be able to answer a range of technical queries on our hardware, software, and services offerings.
- Lead and collaborate with commercial project management, legal, and sales engineering team members (“Deal Team”) to develop compelling offers for key customers.
- Manage the negotiation and closing of transactions for energy storage products and services with the support of a Deal Team.
- Deliver on quarterly and annual sales order intake and margin targets established in coordination with the Sales Director.
- Support data driven decision making via Salesforce and other reporting/CRM tools including tracking customer interactions and opportunity pipeline management.
- Collaborate with market applications and growth team to understand policy, regulatory and market opportunities that strengthen or weaken the business case.
- Representation of Fluence at industry conferences and other events.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (environmental studies, business, economics, engineering, sciences, computer science, mathematics, statistics, etc.) or equivalent demonstration through additional work experience.
- 3+ years of sales, technical or commercial experience in the renewable, power generation or a related industry (directly in energy storage would be a plus).
- Demonstrated track record in building up sales pipelines successfully and driving contracts to efficient close as a deal team member.
- Some direct experience on battery-based energy storage systems and contracting from a technical and commercial perspective.
- Existing stakeholder relationships and network within South European regional solar, wind or energy storage sector, including developers, IPPs and local EPCs.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Experience with Salesforce, Klue, RFPio, PowerBI a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a remote team environment, as well as good analytical skills and commercial acumen.
- Fluent in English language. Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (in person and virtually).
- Fluency in either Italian or Spanish is a requirement, with proficiency in the other language being a valuable plus.
- Ability to seek and give constructive feedback and advice.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally (expected 30% of time).
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.