Sales Associate - South Europe (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This role is Hybrid, in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Relocation will be required.
- Opportunity origination and filtering – Assessing and prioritizing sales opportunities using strategic selling criteria. Support data driven decision making via Salesforce and other reporting/CRM tools. Keep active track of sales opportunities within the South European region monitoring on regular basis bidding stages, bid & project timelines, keep active engagement with customers by working with opportunity owners, sales managers, and account managers.
- Technical and commercial support during sales process – Become a subject matter expert across all elements of Fluence’s technology, able to answer a range of technical queries on our hardware, software, and services offerings.
- Bid preparation – Coordinate the development of full proposals and tender responses to customers (with support from specialist Fluence groups) to a high standard. Coordinate the deal team in meeting customer’s expectation and requirements. Coordinate customer tender clarification process and check that all required data for bid preparation are provided and/or agreed with customer.
- Be the voice of our customers within Fluence, collecting feedbacks, lesson learnt, expectation and KPIs which will be critical in building strong relationships and in supporting Fluence continuous improvement.
- Stakeholder management – Regular customer, EPC and other relevant industry stakeholders engagement Building lasting rapport and customer relationships for driving long term business at all levels within the customer organization.
- Educate potential customers on the full range of battery energy storage benefits and what is the detailed Fluence offering to serve the South Europe market. Run sales presentation.
- Work together with procurement, sales engineers, and delivery team to scout/identify EPC partners that can be a good fit for the opportunities in the region.
- Some relevant renewable energy experience with the desire to quickly learn a lot more.
- Some relevant experience in bidding industrial projects (solar, wind, constructions, power plant etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English (in person and virtually).
- A great analytical eye and attention to detail. Interest in technology and its applications.
- The adaptability to learn from what works and doesn’t and course-correct quickly.
- Comfort with the freedom of working collaboratively in a remote team environment.
- Agility to support sales/bidding coordination activities in other Growing Market (ex. Eastern EU) if needed.Proactive approach.
- Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally (expected 30% of time).
- Some knowledge and interest in the energy storage competitive landscape.
- Fluency in either Italian or Spanish is a requirement, with proficiency in the other language being a valuable plus.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.