Sales Engineer Associate
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Sales Engineering Associate is an exciting role position providing support for centralized leadership and extend support for the coordination, harmonization, and support of Sales and tendering processes, analyze and evaluate bidding strategies, methods, tools, best practices, and key performance indicators for the APAC Region.
- Sales and Tendering support for tendering and proposal management.
- Understand customer requirements and manage the efficient development and submission of the Proposal within the given timeframes. This will include proposal planning and scheduling activities across the Fluence and stakeholder teams.
- Prepare proposals-based stakeholder inputs, bid requirements, standard information and research as required, in accordance with Fluence’s document standards and customer needs.
- Ensure every submission is compliant with customer submission requirements using Fluence’s approval process.
- Prepare cost analysis and evaluate TCO and NPV.
- Coordinate weekly bid management reviews, consolidation and preparation of region reports.
- Day to day interaction with and support of the Sales and Tender teams in the region.
- Support the implementation and planning of various internal projects / processes in the sales and tendering cycles.
- Coordinate preparing management presentations.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor degree qualified in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 3 – 8 Years Experience in complex tender management and value-proposition building, commercial conditions, experience in Salesforce.
- Tender and Bid Management experience (opportunity based).
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to be able to negotiate with key stakeholders, ability to develop relationships across all facets of the business .
- Demonstrated sales and client focused acumens
- Ability to analyze the bring the best cases for business decisions.
- Ability to professionally communicate at all levels including C level
- Mid-level Finance and Accounting
- Understanding / ability to work in a complex matrix organization
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle pressure, to prioritize and multitask within a fast-paced, challenging and highly interactive deadline-driven environment
- Periodic travel within APAC is a potential requirement.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.