Director for HR Operations and Payroll
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Accounting & Finance, People & HR, Operations
Arlington, VA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Director HR Ops & Payroll (NA) will lead the Employee Experience program within their region, ensuring that employees are receiving top-tier services throughout the employee lifecycle (onboarding, benefits enrollment, data changes through to termination). The Director will also be responsible for overseeing the payroll processes of their organization, ensuring that all employees are paid on time and in accordance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Role can be filled in any of the following locations:
- Arlington, VA
- Alpharetta, GA
- Houston, TX
- Commitment to promoting Fluence’s core values: responsible, agile, leading and fun.
- HR Operations Leadership 70% / Payroll Leadership 30%.
- Assist in the design and directly oversee execution of local processes from onboarding to exits, and lifecycle events in between.
- Ensure robust compliance and controls across all payroll and HR policies/programs, procedures and transactions, as per government regulations.
- Leadership of NA Payroll team that manages routine payroll processing, discrepancy management, tax and benefits compliance and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with employee benefits administration, including programs such as health or pension.
- Assists with benefits administration, including programs such as health, dental, vision, retirement, insurance and other programs.
- Management of SOX compliance items for region.
- Use advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to grasp complexities and perceive relationships among problems and issues.
- Develop performance measurements to effectively maintain service level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Critically review and analyze current practices and identify process improvements leading to best-practice operations.
- Partner with Finance and AP to streamline foreign vendor billing (like benefits and pensions) and payment processes.
- Direct, develop, and coach team members to high performance and reaching their full potential.
- A strong people leader effective at developing, coaching, and motivating others, experience leading HR Operations and Payroll Teams.
- Broad knowledge of HR policies, practices, disciplines, and the full employee lifecycle, including onboarding, offboarding, employee engagement, and compliance.
- Strong understanding of Human Resources transactional processing activities.
- Current knowledge of applicable federal and state wage and hour laws and taxation; Federal and Statutory leaves, Employment Legislation.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, regulations, principles, procedures and practices related to Human Resources and data privacy.
- Deep knowledge and experience of payroll calculation and processing, and payroll elements such as income tax, pension and social security.
- Deep expertise and proven ability in scaling operations globally where leveraging technology and standardizing/improving processes to deliver exceptional employee experiences are at the center of design and implementation.
- Strong project management skills and experience managing cross-functional relationships and priorities.
- Metrics / measurement / reporting centric with required savvy in related business reporting and management programs and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to effectively listen and liaise with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural, detailed oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent working experience.
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Gera Cruz
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.