Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
As the SOX Manager, you will play a critical role in helping Fluence deliver the company’s global SOX program and continue to build our SOX framework as a newly public company. This position will work closely with the process and control owners to assess the end to end processes and controls are SOX compliant. You will work closely with the broader IA and ERM team to build synergies as well as efficiencies in assessing risk across the Fluence Control Environment, and at times may support certain activities. You will work closely with the broader IA team based in the US. There is a possibility of up to 15% travel.
As the Sox Manager at Fluence, you will:
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of internal SOX controls.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, coordinating, and execution of all phases of SOX compliance.
- This includes leading walkthroughs and identifying/validating key controls, developing test procedures, executing, and documenting testing, and reporting results to Management, Internal and External Audit.
- Maintain internal control environment and ensure compliance with accounting policies and SOX regulations.
- Establish key stakeholder relationships across Corporate and the Regional businesses.
- Work collaboratively with our broader IA team by supporting select Internal Audits (non-SOX) in planning, fieldwork execution and reporting phases of Internal Audits, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests
- Oversee the work executed by our co-sourced partners.
- Manage the GRC tool (AuditBoard) for the SOX module.
- Overlap with US working hours – ½ day.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CIA) is preferred.
- SOX implementation and ITGC experience with a newly public company is preferred.
- Experience in using data analytics as well as industry experience in renewable energy is a plus.
- 7-9 years of Big 4 public accounting or Corporate SOX/Controls experience in a multi-national public company.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, PCAOB Auditing Standards, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.