Senior Mechanical Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, September 5, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will:
•Be part of Battery energy storage new enclosure system product design team.
•Will closely work with Product development team from design engineer from non-mechanical domain, Program managers, product manager, Requisition team and other stakeholders.
•Lead mechanical system design- Concept design, 3D detailing- Sheet metal component/Plastics mould component, GT&D, Global tolerancing, Stack up analysis, 2D drawing peparation and review, material selection, DFMEA, DFA, DFM etc.
•Perform finite element modeling for structral anlaysis and mechanical calculations to seismic, transportation, handling & lifting requirements and other environmental load conditions (i.e. wind load, snow load, etc.) for battery enclosure systems.
•Influence the cooling and fire suppression system design; and design to meet various published technical standards and codes.
•Participate in safety system design- fire safety, explosion prevention, advanced deflagration method and safe venting system design.
•Ensure product design standards are adhered to common international standards, such as ANSI/ISO.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Mechanical engineering 5+ years of work experience
- Strong experience with large Battery Energy Etorage system (BESS) Enclosure mechanical system design.
- Experience with developing product from conceptual stage to mass production.
- Strong skillset in mechanical system design – sheet metal component, weldment design, plastic mold component, material selection, DFMEA, DFM & DFA, etc.
- Highly experienced with solid model design software preferably CREO 8.0 or above and manage Bill of Materials and CAD data within PLM Windchill software.
- Experience in delivering manufacturing drawings for components and assemblies utilizing their excellent GD&T skills and tolerance stack-up analysis.
- Experience of managing Bill of Materials and CAD data within PLM/PDM software.
- Knowledge and experience in cooling system component specifications like ducts, fans and HVAC units are added advantage.
- Strong proficiency in smart simple design, analytical calculations, CAE tools
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong mentoring and Coaching skill sets
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable of working in a highly dynamic and changing environment and adapt to shifting customer priorities.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad mechanical engineering background as well as strong proficiency in 3D CAD and finite element analysis. Also experience with cooling systems will be preferred.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.