IP-Competitive Intelligence Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Monday, September 4, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the IP-Technology Intelligence Engineer, you will:
This role will:
•Collaborate with product design team, product management team, competitive intelligence team and IP team.
•Perform Next generation technology trend analysis using information from patent and non patent literature
•Perform patent filing trend tracking from top players
•Identify Industry growth assessment using patent filing tacking – year wise
•Deliver competitive Intelligence Insight using patent as the technical paper
•Identify competitive trend and technology trend analysis
•Track technical Journals on BESS technology
•Track public announcement and correlation with patent filings
•Identify new technoloigy development areas through university and individual patent filings and correlation with grant announcement etc.
•Perform Demography wise govt regulation information tracking and correlation with patent coverage.
•Collaborate with IP analysts and drive innovation work out
•Knowledge sharing sessions on competitive intelligence with team
•Working with stakeholders to ensure the program success
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical / Mechanical / I&C Engineering or a related field 5+ years of work experence and 3+ years of experience in IP competitive itelligence
- Working experience research environment or product development area
- Must have hands-on experience of perform Competitive Intelligence.
- Experience in performing technology trend analysis and forecast the strategy of the top competition.
- Experience of tracking country wise regulatory developments
- Must have exposure to Battery Energy Storage System, Hybrid System, Renewable system product, power plant, power system
- Experience of working with Power electronics based power source, Advanced control, Thermal system design, Battery Engineering, Grid technology
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion and entrepreneurial drive, ability to prioritize and execute many parallel tasks
- Experience & ability to work In a high pressure environment.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.