Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Patch Management)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Sr. Software QA Engineer will perform as a member of a dynamic software engineering team developing cutting edge energy storage tools. The Sr. Software QA Engineer will test software/hardware for ongoing development projects and will primarily focus on Patch Management automation development and execution.
As the Sr Quality Assurance Engineer at Fluence, you will bring
- Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity. We take personal ownership in what we do, developing trust in our relationships with internal and external stakeholders. We firmly believe in having honest, forthcoming, and fair communications.
- The candidate will have a B.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Quality Engineering, or related technical field.
- Strong understanding of Industrial Control Systems, particularly related to Battery Energy Storage Systems, their control algorithms, and associated ICS components.
- Strong understanding of patch management processes and the ability to develop and execute effective test strategies for validating patches across Battery Energy Storage Systems and ICS components
- 5-8 years of experience in programming languages such as Python.
- Experience testing software using the Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience using a Test Case Management System such as TestRail.
- Experience capturing day to day activities in JIRA.
- Experience in forming design and doing analysis of a system or new requirements.
- Experience in developing test plans/procedures to assess adherence to requirements.
- DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience with AWS, Openstack, Docker, and/or Github.
- Experience with continuous integration, build management, and automated test frameworks.
- Experience testing diverse COTS or Open Source Software.
- Experience assessing existing products.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.