Asset Performance Engineer
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Melbourne VIC, Australia
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This position will be within the Fluence Digital business unit. Fluence Digital’s IQ platform uses artificial intelligence, advanced price forecasting, portfolio optimization and market bidding to ensure energy storage and flexible generation assets are optimally participating in wholesale electricity markets.
This position will be within the new Fluence Digital business unit, formed following Fluence’s acquisition of Zürich-based start-up Nispera. Fluence Digital’s software technology uses fully automated data acquisition, advanced analysis tools and computational algorithms powered by artificial intelligence.
As an Asset Performance Engineer, you will develop data-driven monitoring and analysis solutions for renewable energy plants (wind, photovoltaic and battery storage) located across the globe. You will be able to understand the operational aspects of these assets and to identify performance issues. For this purpose, you will handle big data volumes and you will extract clear insights, also leveraging machine-learning techniques. Collaborating with Software Engineering team for the development of new software modules and building relationships with Clients are important responsibilities for this role.
The role will be based in Melbourne Australia (remote Australian-based considered) and will report into the Customer Success Director. The role will also work with the Zurich-based Engineering and Data Science team, with close interaction with software engineers, product managers, and subject matter experts to shape the evolution of our company and the future of the renewable assets’ performance management and optimization landscape.
Key responsibilities include:
· Provide support for existing customers by performing the analysis of renewable asset performance, and presenting insights to asset owners
· Assist with pre-sales activities by leading the provision of technical product expertise, such as product demos and analysis
· Assist customers with technical reporting, analytical customer support, and initiatives in support of overall customer satisfaction
· Develop and optimize data analysis tools
· Support customer onboarding projects to effectively deploy our software to our customers’ renewable and energy storage assets, collaborating closely with Product and Engineering teams
· Identify unmet needs and customer pain points and work with Product and Data Science team to develop new modules and functionalities
· Provide training to customer stakeholders to ensure the customer is business-ready for our products
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
· BE in Mechanical, Electrical or Renewable Energy Engineering
· Proven programming skills with Python
· Experience with data analysis and visualization tools
· Knowledge of statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms
· Team player with excellent communication and customer-facing skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Proven ability to meet deadlines and deliver solutions quickly at high quality
· Passionate about learning, and tackling new and exciting technical challenges
· MS Office
Questions? Message your Talent Acquisition Partner Directly: Claudine Kaye De Villa
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.