Senior Proposal Manager
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Houston, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
About the position
Location: Hybrid in San Francisco CA, Alpharetta GA, Arlington VA or Houston TX
This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work independently and produce results to meet customer deadlines.
As a Sr. Proposal Manager you will:
· Manage and create compelling proposals to provide equipment sales, turn-key EPC solutions, and LTSA services for energy storage projects. Key responsibilities include understanding RFP / RFQ requirements, and establishing a winning bid strategy, coordination with the engineering, commercial, and legal teams to understand project requirements and risks.
· Manage and coordinate contract documentation during the negotiation phase of complex opportunities, overseeing the transition from RFP response to contracting.
· Develop proposal compliance matrix and risk analysis throughout proposal development effort.
· Utilization of RFP software to improve efficiency and standardization of proposals
· Lead in the development of standard proposal templates including writing, proofing, editing, and developing graphic concepts.
· Provide concise feedback to the Product, Engineering, and Sales Operations organizations on potential improvements in offer content.
· Contribute to the development and maintenance of a repository for templates, standard language, product collateral, exhibits and other resources.
· Coordinate and participate in Sales Approval meetings, as required.
· Maintain an accurate record all active opportunities in Salesforce and other similar programs
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant subject (environmental studies, business, economics, engineering, sciences, computer science, mathematics, statistics, etc.).
- 7+ years relevant work experience, including complex multi-million-dollar proposal management and contract negotiation
- Confident communicator with proven record of demonstrated high levels of situational awareness, and ability to understand the needs and wants of all parties engaged in a contract negotiation.
- Proven experience in bid management for equipment, turn-key EPC and LTSA complex large-scale projects in an international environment. Proven experience in the energy storage industry is preferred.
- Work well under pressure or demanding deadlines.
- Strong technical knowledge of the energy industry preferred.
- Incredible attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated interest in the energy industry through work experiences, extracurricular activities or coursework.
- Excellent presentation, communication, persuasions, negotiations, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to read and understand technical and commercial specifications and requirements such as engineering drawings (SLD, Layout) and Terms and Conditions (TCs).
- Close attention to detail
- Desire to work collaboratively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Comfortable working as part of a multi-functional team with strong interpersonal, project management, and team-building skills
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills (written, verbal, client service).
- Result oriented
- Track record of taking ownership over responsibilities and pursuing them diligently.
- Ability to understand and synthesize complex technical and product and information.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office products, competent in use of Salesforce. Experience with a RFP software is a plus.
- Quick ability to adapt as the needs of the business evolve
- Ability to travel as needed (estimated up to25%)
At Fluence we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace; if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Pet Insurance
Generous 401K Match
Annual Bonus Incentive
#energy #sustainability #inclusionmatters
Follow Fluence on LinkedIn: Fluence LinkedIn
Fluence Career Page: Fluence Careers
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.