Energy Storage Sales Engineer (Germany) EMEA (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence, the global market leading energy storage technology company, is looking for an Energy Storage Sales Engineer to strengthen offer management capabilities in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region, with a strong focus on Germany.
The role is reporting into Fluence`s subregional Manager Sales Engineering EMEA, requiring an autonomous and pragmatic individual who has experience working in a matrixed and virtual environment, working with multiple stakeholders, on multiple projects/tasks at one time, and as part of a global team.
The role supports the regional Fluence sales teams who work across EMEA directly with developers, utilities and IPPs as well as via sales agents and channels across the region. The role requires close collaboration with the Delivery team as well.
Experience within Energy Storage is an advantage but is not mandatory, an agile mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced start-up technology led environment is essential.
The Energy Storage Sales Engineer will:
· Translate customer requirements into compelling and optimised technical energy storage solution proposals in close cooperation with the EMEA sales teams
· Develop a deep understanding of energy storage technology platforms and provide sales teams with technical support as well as product configuration guidance
· Assist in the development and management of sales tools and support materials
· Take the lead in identifying and evaluating proposals from installation contractors to support overall system integration and turnkey solution delivery
· Work with Sales to negotiate the technical aspects of contract negotiations
· Capture customer technical and application requirements to shape product roadmaps
· Support in developing designs to meet applicable local codes and standards
· Being able to identify technical deviations and address those within the team or to other supporting functions.
Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or similar technical discipline
· At least two year’s professional work experience in the power industry or renewable energy sector is preferred
· Ability to solve complex technical problems and effectively communicate results
· Past offer management or technical contract review experience
· Experience developing technical and financial models using Excel and/or Matlab
· Experience working with CRM and engineering tools (e.g. Salesforce, CAD)
· Demonstrated experience working in energy storage, solar, other power generation or industrial balance of plant (e.g. EPC works)
· Knowledge of local standards, codes and regulations, particularly in UK and Ireland
· Passion and entrepreneurial drive, ability to prioritize and execute many parallel tasks
· High level of ownership of opportunities and drive to close them to meet Fluence’ business targets
· Strong co-ordination and communication skills
· Effective in a highly collaborative yet informally structured work environment
· Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally (expected 20% of time)
· Fluent in written and spoken English as well as German
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.