Working Student_Solutions Engineering (m/f/d)
Advanced Microgrid Solutions
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2023
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
For more information, visit our website, or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter. To stay up to date on the latest industry insights, sign up for Fluence's Full Potential Blog.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
You will be part of the EMEA Solution Engineering group based in Erlangen. The Solution Engineering team is divided into several expert functions.
You will be working together with the General Engineering team, dedicated to the integration of Fluence Products through the standardization/optimization of the regional BESS design.
Minimum duration of 6 months with possible extension.
Tasks: As a working student you will be supporting the engineering team on...
- maintaining technical documentation master list.
- preparing technical documentation package for projects.
- quality control of all deliverables within the scope of Engineering.
- maintaining an internal repository of technical and non-technical documentation, such as electrical equipment specifications, data sheets, purchase requisitions and bid evaluations for electrical equipment as required.
- analysis of performance data from components at project sites.
- supporting on electrical design duties associated with project scope of work.
- supporting on technical reviews of documents provided by vendors.
- work closely with the (Senior) Engineers to provide deliverables to a variety of projects
- You have only recently started your current Masters studies and are planning to study for at least three more semesters
- Bachelor degree in electrical, electronic, industrial engineering or similar field, ideally with previous internship experiences.
- Knowledge of electrical installations and Renewable Energy generation technologies is of advantage (Solar, Wind, Storage).
- Knowledge of power systems and grid connection is of advantage.
- Programming skills with Python and Visual Basic.
- Experienced with Windows, Microsoft365, AutoCAD, Visio.
- Structured and independent way of working.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken. German / other language skills are beneficial.
- Very important: a positive attitude, curiosity, high motivation and enthusiasm for new things - in line with our corporate values.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.